Friday, January 25, 2008

A trip through the mountains



The other week I did a Blog on the things that I love. Since I'm really sick of politics right now I decided that I would just post some pictures that I've taken in the past of other places that I love. It's winter now in the U.S. and lots of people are dealing with snow and cold weather, so I thought some pictures of green plants and other non-frozen stuff might be nice.

The picture shown above was taken somewhere in the Great Smokey Mountains - another place that I love - mountains that is, although this series of pictures is all from various places in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.

The above picture is from an out-of-the-way, country road in South Carolina. Hidden treasure (and I'm not talking money) awaits those who travel off the beaten path.

There are lots of waterfalls throughout the Appalachian range. They are wonderful for soothing the soul and refreshing the spirit.


It was a bright but cloudy day when I took this. A blue sky would have been nice, but we don't always get everything that we want. Better to enjoy what we have.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: